1. Export diagnostic and transportation network design for GEMALTO group, world’s leader in secure software development.
In order to distribute cell phones SIM cards in Africa, we carried out a study of the target markets (Ghana and Ivory Coast). We established means to prevent from international trade risks and designed a strategy to penetrate the market through a progressive plan. We designed functional specifications of both a WMS (Warehouse Management System) and a TMS (Transportation Management System). We proposed improvements in Transport and Logistics: distribution network design, storage spaces optimization. We saved 20% on company’s initial budget.
2. Assessment of cotonou-niamey sea-rail corridor for the account of areva.
We proposed improvements on how to run port terminal and transportation operations efficiently with an aim to ensure a smooth flow of trade between Cotonou and Niamey. We proposed the amenities to make the port of Cotonou more efficient in sulfur handling. The sulfur is used by AREVA in Niger to extract uranium. We analyzed transportation opportunities between Cotonou and Niamey, measured all regional ports performances and compared different regional corridors (Togo/Niger; Ghana/ Niger; Ivory Coast/ Niger) before choosing the best one for Areva supply in sulfur (300 000 metric tons per year). We elaborated the financing needs within the corridor and the expected return on investment.
- Assistance in securing International Trade operations; Consulting in logistics;
- Assessment of exporting companies’ supply chain performance;
- SWOT analysis to determine companies’ exporting capabilities. Export diagnostics.
- Development of penetration strategies for coveted markets;
- Consulting in Transportation Management (land, air, rail, sea).
- The design of distribution networks and global logistics solutions.
- Assistance to create opportunities in Canada and abroad.
- Research, evaluation, and selection of potential customers abroad.
- Elaboration of economic criteria for selecting or replacing port handling equipment.
- Evaluation of investment projects oriented towards Africa.
Services offered within Africa
- Management of African corridors for the benefit of landlocked countries.
- Evaluation of investment projects to Africa.
- Support foreign companies establish partnerships in Africa.
- Consulting in Port Management.
- Training in supply chain management and international trade.
- Business creation support in Africa.